Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Genesis

Hi all,

This post is the genesis of my blog, so I might as well tell you a little bit about the blog and a little bit about myself. This is not my first attempt at a climbing blog, but hopefully a better attempt. I set up my old blog with my friend Peter with the idea that with me in Bozeman and him in Colorado we could both update the blog with stories of our climbing, training tips, climbing stoke, etc. This however, failed miserably. It did so because we wanted way too much out of our little escapade and took it way too seriously.

So, what's different for round 2? Well that's simple. This blog is for me to share my climbing adventures with my friends and have an outlet to express my thoughts about the world of climbing. I am going to try to keep everything about this blog simple and to the point. I am hoping to have a lot of fun with this blog, and hope you as the visitor into my climbing world find something worth your time.

As for me, I am just a college student from Colorado who now lives in Bozeman and loves to climb. I currently work at Spire Climbing Center and am having an amazing time there interacting with the local climbing community. I have been climbing for probably close to six years now and can't get enough of it. Every climber has their preferences like bouldering or sport, mine is trad. In my opinion hard trad is the purest form of pushing my own limits both mentally and physically. That being said, I also love sport climbing, love bouldering, love wandering up a five or six pitch 5.8, love trying out new beta in the gym, and if you couldn't tell by now, I really just love climbing.

I don't care who or how many people read this blog, I just hope that those of you who do get psyched to get out and go climb!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment