Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Great Day at Natural Bridge

This last Sunday, the 12th, I went out to natural bridge with a man I have been helping train for his trip to Thailand. The idea was to get him on the sharp end of some harder limestone to get him ready to rope gun on his big trip. It was a great day, perfect weather, and all seemed well for a good day of hard leads for him, while I relaxed on some moderates, having just sent The Fugitive the day before. We warmed up on the 8s and 9s in the foyer and then it was time for his hard lead on Black Parade.

In between his runs on Black Parade I managed to onsight Winds of Deception and Stranger than Fiction. My rest day had become quite a strong day after all, and i was having a lot of fun on the short limestone sport routes Natural Bridge has so much of. Once he got Black parade we moved on to a different part of the canyon, and as I was checking the guide book for what to climb next i realized there were only two other climbs in the foyer I hadn't done that day; Death From Above and the Chocolate Muffin Warm Up. So we made our way back to the foyer after his skin had had enough for the day.

Long story short, I managed to onsight every route in the foyer that day. Even though I was exhausted from The Fugitive, I still managed to cruise these three 12s. All in all not a bad day, and very fun. It seems I may have to put down the rack sometime soon and see what some hard Montana limestone has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment